Look in almost any classroom or contemporary studio and you will find a Skutt 1227-3! It is hands-down the most popular low-fire production kiln on the market. A true workhorse with a huge capacity, this model is ideal for firing large volumes of work frequently. LidLifter and 3" brick come standard.
- Available in 208v or 240v, 1 or 3 phase
- 2 different controller options available
- Rated to cone 8 (cone 5 for 208v 1-phase)
- Chamber dimensions: 28.13" W x 27" D
- 2-year warranty
A large amount of the heat you lose in your kiln passes to through the lid and slab of your kiln. To compensate for this, Skutt directs more heat to these areas when they design the elements. The fact that Skutts have twice the element grooves in their kilns gives more design flexibility than some of the competitors. It also gives you more loading options since it is always recommended to have at least one element radiating between each layer of shelves. Twice the grooves means you get twice the amount of element wire, which means each element doesn’t have to work as hard, which means longer element life! Whew!
The Thermocouple (KM and KMT only)
- Exposed Thermocouple equals faster reaction time and higher accuracy.
- Inexpensive, plus we give you an extra one when you buy your kiln.
- Easy and quick to replace.
- Type S (Platinum) Upgrades Available.
- Covers parts AND labor.
- Never Pro-Rated.
- Armadillo Clay has a certified Skutt technician on staff with years of experience.