Project Kit: Tropical Dinnerware
This fun project kit walks you through the steps to create this abstract leaf plate! This kit includes the bisque, glazes, brushes, and tools required for this project, as well as easy-to-follow instructions and a template. Once you're finished, bring your piece to Armadillo to be fired!
Time: 1 1/2 hours
This project was originally created by Mayco Colors and modified by Armadillo Clay staff.
Firing services not included in price.
- Bisque Plate
- FN-41 Medium Blue (4oz)
- SC-93 Honeydew List (2oz)
- SC-27 Sour Apple (2oz)
- SC-96 Aqu-ward (2oz)
- Mop Brush
- Small Round Brush
- Template (click here to download)
- Wipe your bisque thoroughly with a damp sponge to remove any dust.
- Using the mop brush, apply 3 coats of Medium Blue to the entire piece. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
- Once dry, trace your design onto the plate by laying the paper over the dry glaze and going over the design with a pencil. Press firmly to make an indentation in the dry glaze beneath. You can use your own design or use the templates provided.
- Using the small round brush, apply 3 coats of Honeydew List to the largest of your leaf patterns, allowing the glaze to dry between coats.
- Using the small round brush, apply 3 coats of Sour Apple to the smaller of your leaf patterns, allowing the glaze to dry between coats.
- Using the small round brush, apply 3 coats of Aqu-ward to the single leaf designs around the edge of the plate, allowing the glaze to dry between coats.
- If desired, add decorative dots to the remaining background areas using a color of your choice.
- Stilt and fire to cone 05/06.