Project Kit: Cobblestone Mug
This fun project kit walks you through the steps to create this contemporary coffee mug! This kit includes the bisque, glazes, brushes, and tools required for this project, as well as easy-to-follow instructions. Once you're finished, bring your piece to Armadillo to be fired!
Time: 2 hours
This project was created by Armadillo Clay staff.
Firing services not included in price.
- Bisque Mug
- Masking Tape
- TM-308 Sweet Dreams (4oz)
- FN-223 Amethyst (4oz)
- SG-202 White Cobblestone (4oz)
- Mop Brush
- Wipe your bisque thoroughly with a damp sponge to remove any dust.
- Once dry, use masking tape to delineate your design on the surface of the cup.
- Using the mop brush, apply three generous coats of Sweet Dreams to the entire interior of the piece and whichever sections of the exterior where you want the matte surface, letting the piece dry in between coats. Once the final coat is no longer glossy, remove the masking tape and let the piece dry overnight.
- Use masking tape to section off the edges of your design, overtop your dry areas of Sweet Dreams. Press firmly to ensure a good seal.
- Apply three generous coats of Amethyst to the remaining exterior areas (including the bottom), letting the piece dry in between coats.
- While the final coat of Amethyst is still slightly damp, apply two generous coats of White Cobblestone overtop the Amethyst areas. Do not let it dry between coats, and do not apply Cobblestone to the bottom of the mug.
- Carefully remove the tape once the gloss sheen fades. Let dry.
- Stilt and fire to cone 06/05.