Ceramic Design Course
Ceramic craftsmen intent on making pottery for everyday use, as well as dedicated artisans concentrating on fine-art objects will find inspiration and practical instruction in this handsome volume. Step-by-step tutorials take readers through each stage of the ceramic-making process with--
- A clearly illustrated summary of essential potter's tools
- Instruction on developing design concepts and making prototypes and technical drawings
- Making models from drawings
- Making sample pieces to test glazes, colors, and surfaces
- Final design, creation of finished pieces, and development of a portfolio for presentation to buyers
Featuring practical exercises for each stage in pottery design and construction, this beautifully illustrated book is mainly intended for students planning to develop a career as professional ceramic designers--but ambitious amateur do-it-yourselfers will also find plenty of inspiration and solid instruction. The author, a noted ceramicist, covers all forms of ceramic design, both practical and sculptural. The text is complemented with more than 400 instructive and inspiring color photos.