Pottery Cascade Clear (PC-601)
Cone 06: PC-601 Clear Cascade produces a more flowing effect and allows the color of the base glaze to show through. It can also alter your original color, creating a new color. It will form runs or you can direct the runs when you apply the product.
Cone 6: Transparent with Crazing. Color clear with a slight tint of light blue.
TIP: Chip shown over EL-118 Blue Grotto.
Other conditions that could affect the performance of Pottery Cascade™ include:
- The order in which the Pottery Cascade™ is applied to your piece.
- Shape and surface textures on your piece.
- The nature of the glazes Pottery Cascade™ is used with. More fluid glazes, such as Elements™, Elements™ Chunkies and Jungle Gems™ glazes will perform differently than non-moving glaze, such as Foundations® Opaque or Stroke and Coat®.
- Firing temperature, ramp rate and a soaking period may enhance the flow patterns.
- Avoid applying Pottery Cascade™ on lower third of a piece, as glaze will move.
- PC-601 Clear Cascade is the most fluid of the Cascade products, requiring care in application.
- PC-602 White Cascade moves less than Clear Cascade.
- Pottery Cascade™ are luster compatible.
- We advise against dipping your brush directly into the jar to avoid contamination, particularly if you are using one brush to layer Pottery Cascades over other glazes.
- Pottery Cascade™ glazes were designed to mature at a shelf cone 06. Make sure the glaze has dried thoroughly prior to firing. A medium ramp/firing rate is recommended (250F per hour).