This is the tallest kiln Skutt offers. Perfect for large sculptures and mass production environments. Heavy-duty internal wiring and robust relays make these Production Kilns stand up to heavy, frequent usage in busy studios. LidLifter and 3" brick come standard.
- Available in 208v or 240v, 1 or 3 phase
- 2 different controller options
- Rated to cone 10
- Chamber dimensions: 28.13" W x 31" D
- 2-year warranty
Production Series kilns were developed initially to make it possible to fire some of our larger kilns to cone 10 temperatures. This required using upgraded components like heavier gauge wires, more robust relays and ways of connecting the elements. The end result is a kiln series that requires less maintenance in production environments. Production Series kilns can be equipped with either the KilnMaster Touchscreen or or standard KilnMaster Controller.
A large amount of the heat you lose in your kiln passes to through the lid and slab of your kiln. To compensate for this, Skutt directs more heat to these areas when they design the elements. The fact that Skutts have twice the element grooves in their kilns gives more design flexibility than some of the competitors. It also gives you more loading options since it is always recommended to have at least one element radiating between each layer of shelves. Twice the grooves means you get twice the amount of element wire, which means each element doesn’t have to work as hard, which means longer element life! Whew!
- Exposed Thermocouple equals faster reaction time and higher accuracy.
- Inexpensive, plus we give you an extra one when you buy your kiln.
- Easy and quick to replace.
- Type S (Platinum) Upgrades Available.
- Covers parts AND labor.
- Never Pro-Rated.
- Armadillo Clay has a certified Skutt technician on staff with years of experience.